Minnie's 1st Birthday
Celebrate your little girl’s first birthday in style with our adorable Minnie’s 1st Birthday party supplies. This fun Birthday Party Theme features sweet baby Minnie ready for a hug in soft shades of pink, yellow and orange perfect for a little girl’s first birthday party.
Here are some party planning tips from our birthday committee:
With a great selection of solid color party supplies that you can mix and match you can create a professionally-coordinated look for your little one’s special day.
Choose from Table covers, streamers, curling ribbon and so much more.
Classic pink and light yellow streamers twisted together and hung from the ceiling or outdoors make a perfect party accent for this theme.
Everybody loves cupcakes! And won’t they look delicious baked in pastel pink baking cups, frosted with soft yellow icing and sprinkled with sparkling sugar! Present one to each of your guests as an easy and less expensive alternative to cake.
Our Minnie Mouse Clubhouse birthday party theme features everything from crazy straws to tops, and even pre-packed goody bags, so you’re sure to find everything you need to give your party guests something fun to take home as a reminder of this special day.
Believe it or not, the comic strip series "The Gleam", from 1942, produced by Merrill De Maris and Floyd Gottfredson was the first place Minnie's full name of Minerva Mouse was announced!
Fun to use at any birthday party, here are some fun trivia facts to use in a game about Minnie:
- Before Minnie was even name, back when she was first created, it was decided that her favorite color would be purple, and that she would be dressed as a flapper to reflect the youth culture popular at that time.
- Did you know that Minnie has an entire family? They were first introduced in the "Mr. Slicker and the Egg Robbers" comic strip story. Her father, Marcus Mouse, and her unnamed mother first debuted on their family farm. Her grandparents, Marshall and Mathilda Mouse, also appeared in the same story. Further, Minnie has a sister named Mandie Mouse, twin nieces name Melody and Millie, and an uncle named Mortimer!
- Minnie and Mickey met for the first time in a film called "Plane Crazy" where Mickey invites Minnie to go for an airplane ride, and she accepts. Mickey then tries to force a kiss on Minnie, so she responds by grabbing a parachute and jumping out of the plane! How daring!
- According to some, the movie King Kong was based on a short film called "The Gorilla Mystery" in which a gorilla attempts to kidnap Minnie Mouse after escaping from the zoo! It's Mickey to the rescue! He saves her, then at the end of the film they are able to use rope to restrain the dangerous gorilla. King Kong used the "kidnapped by a gorilla" theme just 3 years later.
- Which of Minnie's friends first debuted in the movie Pinocchio? Her cat, Figaro!
- Remember Pluto? Minnie originally introduced him to Mickey as her new pet dog in a film short called "The Picnic". However, at the time his name was Rover. Now famously known as Pluto, "Rover" was his original name! This introduction marked Pluto's first appearance as an individual Disney character.
- Walt Disney based the idea of Mickey, and later Minnie Mouse, on a pet mouse he had as a child on the farm where he grew up.
Another fun fact pertains to the white gloves that Mickey and Minnie have become known for. One supposed reason for adding the gloves to the mouse characters was to enable viewing audiences to recognize their hands when against their bodies, as both were almost completely black (the characters didn't appear in color in 1938). Also, the 3 black lines on the backs of the character's gloves represent "darts" sewn into the fabric extending from between the fingers of each hand. This design was typical of children's gloves of the early 1900's.