Mickey’s 1st Birthday
Celebrate your little boy's first birthday in style with our adorable Mickey’s 1st Birthday party supplies. This fun Birthday Party Theme features sweet baby Mickey ready for a hug in soft shades of blue, yellow, and green; perfect for a little boy’s first birthday party.
Here are some party planning tips from our birthday committee:
With a great selection of solid color party supplies that you can mix and match you can create a professionally-coordinated look for your little one’s special day.
Choose from table covers, streamers, curling ribbon and so much more.
Pastel blue and light yellow streamers twisted together and hung from the ceiling or outdoors make a perfect party accent for this theme.
Everybody loves cupcakes! And won’t they look delicious baked in pastel blue baking cups, frosted with soft yellow icing and sprinkled with sparkling sugar! Present one to each of your guests as an easy and less expensive alternative to cake.
Our Mickey’s Clubhouse birthday party theme, features everything from crazy straws to tops, and even pre-packed goody bags, so you’re sure to find everything you need to give your party guests something fun to take home as a reminder of this special day.
Add some more fun to your Mickey birthday party with these facts about the world's most famous mouse. Use them in a fun trivia game!
- Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks created Mickey Mouse in 1928. At the time, Walt Disney himself voiced the new Mickey character. The Walt Disney Company celebrates Mickey's birth date as November 18, 1928, when he made his public debut in an animated short called Steamboat Willie.
- When Walt Disney's Oswald Series fell through, he tossed around several other ideas for characters before thinking of Mickey. Mr. Disney drew the inspiration from a pet mouse he had as a child while growing up on a farm.
- Did you ever wonder why Mickey and Minnie wear white gloves? One reason, supposedly, for adding the gloves was to make it easier for audiences see the character's hands when up against their bodies; since their skin was black, the hands weren't visible enough. Mickey did not appear in color for the first time until 1935. The 3 black lines on the backs of the gloves are fabric "darts" extending from between the fingers on each hand. This touch was typical of the design of children's gloves at the time.
- In November of 1978, in honor of Mickey's 50th anniversary, he became the first cartoon character to be awarded a star on the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- There has always been some popularity competition between Mickey Mouse and Warner Bros. Bugs Bunny character. However, in 1988 the two rivals shared screen time for the first time in Robert Zemeckis' film "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". The Walt Disney Corporation and Warner Bros. agreed that each character would receive exactly the same amount of time on the screen, right down to the micro-second!
- How did Mickey meet Minnie, his girlfriend? It was during their first appearance together, in the film "Plane Crazy", where Mickey actually tried to kiss her!
- Believe it or not, the original name for Mickey was Mortimer Mouse! But Lillian, Walt Disney's wife, convinced him to change it to a more child-friendly name. Mortimer did end up as a Disney creation, however, when Walt decided to use the name for Mickey's rival character!
If you are looking to plan a party for older kids, we also stock a complete line of Mickey Mouse Party Supplies.